What help do we provide?
If you join EX-POSE, you will receive our continually evolving New Member Packet, including our 16-page New Member Newsletter, which:
- Explains a former military spouse's, for all branches, rights and benefits, according to the Uniformed Services Former Spouses Protection Act (USFSPA).
- Explains the application process for direct payment of any court-awarded money from the Defense Finance & Accounting Service (DFAS).
- Defines the 10-year rule, as well as the benefits for 20-20-20 and 20-20-15 spouses.
- Suggests sample wording for your property settlement agreement (PSA), helping to avoid the potential reduction of a spouse's share of the retired pay due to veterans' disability compensation.
- Explains the Survivor Benefit Plan (SBP) and the deemed election process.
- Explains Social Security benefits for divorced spouses, and life insurance issues including SGLI and VGLI.